Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Please don't go, Boy Band

Remember this?

Photobucket

That's right girls and boys, it's NKOTB... and they're back with a new song. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself!

In fact, it's a whole reunion with tour dates and everything. Frankly, I'm psyched. It feels like only yesterday that I was sitting in my then best friend Kim's bedroom watching the Hangin' Tough Live video over and over and over and over and over and over and...

We started drinking milk because Donnie Wahlberg said it was good for us. "Drink milk, don't drink soda! Drink milk! Vitamin D!" We knew all the steps to the Right Stuff dance. My favorite was sweet, sensitive Jon. (Sweet mullet alert!)

Photobucket

She loved Jordan.

Photobucket

I had New Kids folders tucked inside of my Trapper Keeper.

Can I get an "Oh oh oh oh oh" peeps?

Though... I can't quite see a true come back with them. There's something odd about a bunch of late 30's men singing boy band style tunes. I'm not sure it's appropriate for my six year old daughter to swoon over them as it might have been back in my day when they were teenagers.

Photobucket

*snicker snicker*


4 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

"Oh oh oh oh oh!" I'm raising my arms in the air to the beat! I had to comment on this post, too -- because it brought me back to the good ol' days! Jon was my favorite, too!

dawn224 said...[Reply to comment]

memememe! Although I was so geeky I think I loved my Trapper Keeper more than NKOTB.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I'm all about the New Kids' comeback. Back in the day, I was a Jordan fan. I liked Joey too actually. My BFF was in love with Donnie. Oh, good times!!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I LOVED NKOTB...maybe I shouldn't be so quick to admit it. =) Maybe they are hoping that us suburban moms will all want to relive our teen age years (and crushes). I'm crushing on someone else now....

I loved the comments across the bottom picture.