Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fighting the Frump - Coffee and Straws

Today is Friday and that means we'll be fighting the frump today! Today's frump fighting tip comes not from me, but from The Man's cousin. (Does that make her my cousin-in-law?)

While on vacation with her I noticed she was drinking her coffee through a straw. I thought this was strange. I mean, this wasn't a Starbucks Iced Mochiatto or anything... this was your standard morning cup of coffee.

So I asked her why.

"Why are you drinking your coffee through a straw?" I said.

Her answer was so simple it amazed me. She didn't want the coffee to stain her teeth. Clearly, she is a genius. A genius with white teeth.

To be honest, I haven't applied this practice to my own morning cup of coffee but I truly should. I mean, what's the point of my whitening toothpaste if I'm counteracting the effects every morning?

So there it is. Coffee through a straw.

For more frump fighting tips, check out Mrs. Fussypants!

P.S. Do you know someone who knows how to make WordPress blogs pretty? If so, please check out this post and comment. :)


10 comments:

ConverseMomma said...[Reply to comment]

That is a genius idea. Ya know, crushed strawberries are suppose to do wonders to whiten teeth, that and the perfect shade of red on the lips.

PhotoChick said...[Reply to comment]

What a fantastic idea! I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but from now on when I do, I'll probably use that trick! Thanks for sharing :o)

HAPPY FRUMP FIGHTING!!!

Valarie Lea said...[Reply to comment]

Stained teeth is one of the reason why I don't drink coffee. Why have I not thought about using a straw?

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...[Reply to comment]

While it's a good idea, I don't think I would enjoy the coffee as much. I love to sip and relax.

Joy said...[Reply to comment]

I'm not a coffee drinker, but if I ever become one I will remember this!

Darla said...[Reply to comment]

I've heard a lot of people say this. I'm not a big coffee drinker but I am a chocolate lover. *wondering how to get an m&m through a straw*

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I like my coffee super hot.. and I have to sip it really loud. The straw would just depress me. Hence, my stained teeth. Ack.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Well, I'm an older mom, and my kids laugh because I have been drinking coffee and tea with a straw for ages now, and.....I recently started drinking lemon water (a hot tea cup of water in the morning with a freshly squeezed lemon in it) as a mini-de-tox, and a wonderful side benefit has been that my teeth are much whiter!! No need to buy crest-strips!!

Family O'Foxes said...[Reply to comment]

i'm not a coffee drinker but I am a soda drinker.

my dentist has recommended for years to drink coke through a straw.

guess i should listen.
~Amy

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

That is very smart -- and will avoid my ever having to use tooth whitening products again (because they make my teeth hurt so badly that I want to cry).

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but check out this post for help on your blog -- http://www.shejusthadtosayit.com/2008/04/29/well-were-movin-on-up/