Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Microfiber Magic Sponge - WFMW

I don't normally go for products that are As Seen On TV. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true... I have tried a few. We tried The Magic Bullet. It worked for a little while. We had fun making drinks in our own personal cups and all that jazz. After a month or so it just sort of stopped working so well. So we purged it.

Next we tried the Scunci Steamer. I think this may actually work. A little... but it also emits a yucky smell while using it that I just couldn't stand. So it's in the garage now.

Finally we tried the Pasta Pronta. This was the worst. You may as well just run your dry, hard, pasta under some warm water and throw it on a plate. If this has worked for anyone, please let me know.

There is, however, one As Seen On TV product that we purchased on a whim while attempting to be more environmentally friendly. The Microfiber Magic Sponge. These actually work great. I picked up a pack of 4 regular sized sponges and 1 large sponge at Walgreen's one day figuring I could use them for light washing and save ourselves money on disposable sponges and reduce trash and all that. I assumed I'd probably still have to use the disposables for the tough jobs because the "rough" side of the microfiber sponges didn't seem very rough, actually. For the past 6 months I've been using the microfiber sponges and havn't had any use for my normal disposable ones. The rougher side of the microfiber ones seems to work just great with a teensy bit more elbow grease. When they get nucky I just throw them in the dishwasher or the washing machine and they come out beautifully. I still have two normal sized sponges in the package and the big giant one that I haven't touched.

Lately I've been eyeing the Pancake Puff. :)

For more Works For Me Wednesday tips, check out Rocks in my Dryer!


5 comments:

Mom2fur said...[Reply to comment]

I've used microfiber cloths and I really like them, but never tried these. I'll have to be on the lookout for them. Thanks for the review!

Maren said...[Reply to comment]

My 4 yr old is obsessed with the pancake puff commercial. If you do buy, please write a review!

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

I will! My kids are also obsessed with it. I'm waiting for it to show up on the shelves of Walmart or Walgreens. :)

marigold said...[Reply to comment]

I love the microfiber cloths, but I didn't know they made a sponge! And do you use cleaners with them, or just water?

I had to check out the infomercial for the pancake puffs, too. Those look really decadent! You'll definitely need to let us know if you find and try them!

Chris T said...[Reply to comment]

I think i might buy the sponge.
But the pancake puff? Just seems way unhealthy to me. All that syrup; and injecting it with chocolate? whew! no thanks. And couldn't you just use any baking mold?