Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Heart The Man

Last night while sitting with The Man and watching Ugly Betty on our DVR he mentioned that his heart hurt.

I sort of looked at him funny and then went on about my Betty Love. After a few minutes, Mr. Man started to get up and then grabbed his chest and audibly said "Ow."

Now I'm concerned. I immediately got up and made him take an aspirin. That helps, right? Mr. Man is only 33 years old and I'm expecting him to go for another 50 years at least. The thought of him having a heart attack literally had me crying last night in absolute panic.

He swears it's no big deal. He swears he's fine and I shouldn't worry. He then proceeded to tease me when I went to bed about how he'd see me in the morning if he didn't keel over before then.

Not funny, Mr. Man.

I am worried. I can't imagine my life without him and I need him to be super healthy and fit if we're going to trek the world together. So I'm trying to plan our heart healthy menu for the next week today and I'll be going to the grocery store when it's done. I think The Man has had one too many Bubba Burgers in his lifetime.

If anyone has any ideas for easy heart healthy meals to prepare for Mr. Man, I'd love to hear them.


3 comments:

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Yikes, scary. Maybe it's worth his going to the doctor for a physical just to cover all the bases?

Somewhere out there I know there's a foodblog carnival for heart-healthy food. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Found it, here you go:

Heart of the Matter

ConverseMomma said...[Reply to comment]

That is really scary. There is heart disease in my hubs family so I get on him all the time to eat better. I think he has totally tuned me out. I suck in the kitchen, tho. Can't be much help with your menu.