Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I started my morning with breakfast made by the munchkins. I sure wish I had thought to take a picture of it. It was beautiful. :) My breakfast consisted of an apple, toast with grape jelly, cereal with milk already poured on, and orange juice. The munchkins made the breakfast and I guess they didn't want to wake me up so they let it sit out for a while. Boy was it yummy.

The Man took the kids out to take his mom to lunch and left me alone in the house for 4 glorious silent hours. I finished my book, did some research on hiking, and folded some laundry. It was lovely.

I absolutely love time alone in my house. It's not that I don't love my family and want them around, I just love the solitude. I wonder what that says about me. There's nothing like a long uninterrupted stretch of time to just be quiet and do whatever I feel like doing.

After they arrived home we went off to my mom and dad's house where we had pizza and salad and the kids swam in the pool. I discovered I hate the smell of chlorine on people. Yuck.

I told my dad about my goal to hike part of the trail next year and he said he'd even join me for a few days! That really made me happy as I'm not sure The Man really wants to do as much of it as I want to and I'd love another hiking buddy.

I hope all the beautiful mommies who I read and who read my blog had a wonderful day. You're all amazing.


2 comments:

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds like a great day!

Happy mother's day my friend.

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

sounds like a great day! 4 glorious hours of being alone... without kids running around. :)

happy belated mother's day!