Monday, May 5, 2008

Make a Mess Monday

So in yesterday's post I made a mention of Blissfully Domestic's recent post on uses of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid.

I just have to say that I do love Dawn Dishwashing Liquid. Especially since after Christmas their Simple Pleasures Limited Edition Apple & Spice version was marked down at Target to 94 cents. (I bought about 10 bottles of it... I love that scent.) Every once in a while when I run out of dishwasher detergent I squirt a little Dawn in there to wash the dishes. It does work beautifully... as long as you don't use too much.

Like I did today.


Photobucket

Oops. I knew that little squirt at the end was going to put me over the edge. I hastily grabbed a few towels from the dirty laundry bin that I've been avoiding meaning to get to all day and began to sop up some of the suds.

I laid some more towels down and walked away letting the dishwasher finish up the cycle. After a few minutes I came back to check and....

Photobucket

Still going.

At least I'll have a nice shiny clean floor, right?


2 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, girl! I saw the picture before I started reading and I thought, "I so hope that's not her dishwasher!" But, you're right -- you cleaned the floor at the same time. Nothing like killing two birds with one stone! :)

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

LOL! You know, it wasn't *quite* as bad as it looked... only took about 5 soaking wet towels to clean it all up. It was a shocker to see it when I lazily walked into the kitchen after thinking it was all nice and clean, though. That's why I'm the Spaz!