Friday, May 1, 2009

This mommy blog just got a whole lot more complicated

Things are changing around the Spaz household. My niece (we're going to refer to her as "The Teenager from now on) and her parents are having what I guess you might call irreconcilable differences. This isn't a new thing, it's been going on for quite some time. It has gotten so bad that my sister has decided she just can't take it anymore.

So The Teenager has come to stay with us. When I picked her up last night my sister, B1, made it clear to me that she would not be coming back to live with her. It had gotten that bad.

Today we spent a lot of the day moving my office into the living room so The Teenager will have a room to sleep in. We haven't ironed all the details out but it seems that The Man and I will have to instantly learn to parent a teenager.

Bug, Munchkin, and Goober are excited about this change and are having a great time playing with The Teenager. I think I need some wine.


6 comments:

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

What a tough situation this must be for everyone involved - both your niece and your sister are lucky to have such a loving, caring aunt and uncle to step in and help.

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

You're doing a very good thing. Good luck and I hope all works out as well as can be expected in situations such as these.

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

You are a good sister and aunt! Good luck with the teenager.

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

you're such a great aunt. i'm sure the teenage will thank you immensely in the future.

good luck!

Nicki said...[Reply to comment]

How does the Teenager feel about this? Is she happy to be away from her parents, or upset that they've sort of kicked her out? I hope this turns out to be a good thing for everyone!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! What a big change for you all. I hope it works out very well! =)