Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fight the Frump! Cracked Heels BEGONE!


As I mentioned in this post, I bought the Ped Egg the other day at Walgreens. I have a friend who recommended it to me and because my heels were badly cracked I figured I might as well give it a try.

Photobucket


Girls - run, do not walk, and purchase this thing for yourself. For $9.95, half the price of a walk in pedicure you can have baby smooth heels. I'm not kidding, I was SHOCKED at what this thing could do.

Photobucket
(Dramatization - your heels will not appear to be those of a 5 month old's)


I've had weekly pedicures. I've use the shaver thingies before and I've used pumice stones. I've used creams, abrasive scrubs, and sprays. Nothing has ever done for my feet what this little thing has done.

It's sort of like a miniature cheese grater for your feet. A cheese grater that works! Then you follow it up with a very fine sandpaper like file and it's like your feet are 10 years younger.

Now, my feet have been a little more sensitive since I liberated them from cracks Monday night. Yesterday I had to do a decent amount of walking in some hard thong sandals and my feet were too sensitive to handle it (owie!) but I'm hoping that a week or so of wearing socks and sneakers and being barefoot in the house will help them to desensitize a bit.

For more frump fighting tips, check out Mrs. Fussypants! Don't forget to congratulate her on her new bundle of ooey gooey happiness while you're there!

PS - Have you commented for my book giveaway this week? This is my first giveaway and I'm giving away With or Without You by Carole Matthews. Get over there and comment, I'll be drawing a name tonight! :)


11 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I've heard of this before, but I think you finally convinced me. My feet thank you!

Eternal Sunshine said...[Reply to comment]

You are the THIRD blogger that has recommended this - I think I'll finally break down and get one. I need it!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Darla said...[Reply to comment]

I've never heard of this. It sounds fascinating. I did a post on pedicures today too! Tis the season.

Valarie Lea said...[Reply to comment]

My sister has one of these, I wonder if she has used it yet? She hasn't said anything to me. I have thought about getting one, so I think I will go get one today. :o)

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

ooo... i was just at walgreens yesterday! i'm heading back today for sure for this pediegg! i too have dry and starting-crack-heels. i'm in desperate need for some home relieve!

thanks for the great post!

Family O'Foxes said...[Reply to comment]

I saw this at walmart yesterday and wondered if it was worth the money....you'll have to do an update in a week and let us know if you still love it. :)

~Amy

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

All my friends are raving about this, but it kind of makes me a little scared. I'm afraid I'll get carried away. Still, you're right, for the price it's probably worth a shot.

Shades of Pink said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for the in-depth review! I have seen the ads for this on TV and I saw them at the local grocery store. My mom was thinking about buying one. Perhaps I'll buy us each one! :)

Rebecca Ramsey said...[Reply to comment]

I saw this at the drug store just today. And I walked right by!
I shall return and purchase!
Thanks for the tip.
Becky

tootie said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for this review! I saw it in the story and wanted so badly to buy it, but I wasn't sure it worked.

I will definitely get it - my heels definitely need some help!

Tara said...[Reply to comment]

This is the best invention EVER!!!!!! I Love the Ped EGG!!! I Have been using it for the past month..and my feet are soo smooth.. I have all my family buying them now too lol... This really does work.. !!!!