Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mama told me there'd be days like this

Today was just one of those days. Which makes me wonder why I'm even still awake because it was one of those days you sort of just hope will end.

It started with me hitting snooze for an hour. AN HOUR. I don't understand why it's so hard to wake myself up in the morning. I'm seriously just not the type of person that is bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning. If it were up to me I'd wake up at noon and go to bed around 3 in the morning. Unfortunately that schedule doesn't fly with the school district.

So I woke up 1/2 hour before the kids were supposed to be at school. While I had no problems getting Munchkin to school on time there was just no way Bug was going to make it.

I also had nothing to pack in Goober's lunch box. And I couldn't find clean matching socks. And there was a bug flying around in the van.

So I let the bug out by rolling down the window.

And then the window wouldn't go up.

And then it rained.

And then I got "the look" from the lady in the office at Bug's school when I took him in and asked for a tardy slip.

Then I had to run into the grocery store with Goober to get something to fill his empty lunchbox with before I took him to school. He begged for Capri Suns. I tried to get him to pick the 100% juice ones or the Roarin Waters ones... but it was Very Cherry or nothing for that kid. There are some battles you just don't choose to fight.

I also purchased doughnut holes from the bakery that were buy one package get one package free.

I ate like 12 of them on the way to Goober's school.

In the rain.

With the window stuck down.

When I finally got home I went back to bed, hoping when I woke up things would be better... but when I woke up my house was still a disaster and our suitcases from vacation still hadn't been unpacked and there was still laundry to do.

But The Man fixed the window on the van and this evening I bought two whole packs of fresh new clean socks for the kids. Tomorrow's already looking better!


8 comments:

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, that is a seriously crappy morning. I'm with you on the 3am thing. How great would it be if the rest of the world were on OUR schedule...

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...[Reply to comment]

I can never find clean matching socks. So I buy new ones, and a week later....no clean matching socks.
I have days like this often.
I love night shift, because getting up in the morning is a serious challenge for me. It's hard enough in the afternoon, but mornings? It just ain't happening.

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

Sometimes the kids just NEED new socks! I feel your pain sista! It will get better, until then may I recommend mommy's little helper? Namely wine.

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

sorry hun. hope you day is looking better today!

A Spot of T said...[Reply to comment]

First of all welcome back from your holiday! Secondly, that was definitely a crappy start to a day. Let's hope those new socks make up for everything tomorrow :o)

Heather of the EO said...[Reply to comment]

You are so funny, lady. You speaketh the lives of many a frazzled mommy. I love it that you went back to bed. Good for you. Sorry the house wasn't spotless like you planned. But you'll live a longer and happier life because of napping, NOT because of cleaning.

Valarie Lea said...[Reply to comment]

Hahahah that is so funny! I love the sock thing, I go buy new one also. :)

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

You crack me up! I'm so glad someone else finds themselves in the same predicaments I find myself (late, no socks and nothing to pack for the kids' lunches) -- because misery loves company! Sorry about the window and the rain, but look on the bright side -- at least you got to eat some doughnuts. I find that sugar covers a multitude of sins. :)