Friday, July 11, 2008

Battling adult acne with... WATER!


Welcome frump fighters! It's Friday and that means we're fighting the frump with Mrs. Fussypants.

Today's tip is for those of you ladies that might be suffering from adult acne. I had it for quite some time and I tried pretty much everything to get rid of it. I probably have every product ever made that has Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid in it. I have masks, foams, gels, scrubs, creams, toners, you name it.

Finally I took a tip from The Man and you're not going to believe what it was that finally got rid of the acne.

I stopped washing my face altogether. Crazy, huh?

Now, when I wear make-up, which is not often, I do use Phisoderm Foaming Facial Wash. Most days, though, I just rinse my face with water and dry it with a towel.

I haven't had a break out in months... not even during that time of the month. I'm truly amazed.


7 comments:

Anjie said...[Reply to comment]

WOW! What a small change in routine, but a huge payoff in the end. I might have to try that since the only time I do get acne is at that time of the month. Thanks for the tip!

Abbreviated said...[Reply to comment]

Sometimes we are so clean we erase our ph levels.

Valarie Lea said...[Reply to comment]

Really??? But what about all the goop in our pores??????

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

*gasp*

really? i gotta try it on the days when i'm not wearing makeup! i've been battling this stupid acne for years... it's the ones on the chin that stays forever.

great advice!

happy friday!

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

I have another post for the pores, Valarie!

Trish said...[Reply to comment]

I have the problem with adult acne and my husband suggested the same thing. It's difficult for me because I do wear make-up often, it's kind of a vicious cycle because I wear the make-up to hide the acne. This week on my quest to be healthier I increased my water intake and switched to an all natural veg based "non-soap". It's made a difference so far. Hopefully once I get my face clear I can stop with the non-soap and just use water.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Ahhh, Water - the solution to everything. Now if we can just get all the junk out of the water we will be doing good!

Happy Friday!