Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just a bunch of little fish in a big old pond

Little FishSo last week some time I was chatting with Michelle at Life With Three and we threw around the idea of having a place for the "little fish" of the blogosphere. You know, "little fish, big pond", and all that. There's so much excitement surrounding those big bloggers, you know, like her and her and her and them, too. Then there's All Top which every time I turn around some other blog I read is being added to and I just want to know... what about us? What about us little fish who have great blogs - even better blogs sometimes (well, not better than any of the aforementioned bloggers... seriously, I love them all)? What about us?

I realize there is All Mediocre and I'm totally not trying to steal the thunder that is All Mediocre. I just want to do it a little differently. I'd like to feature a Little Fish blogger every week but I'd like you to nominate the fish. Because I want to read some new blogs that I don't find all over everyone's blogroll, yanno?

And the traffic wouldn't suck, either.

To qualify as a little fish, blogs should have an Alexa Rating of over 1,000,000 and not be featured on All Top.

I'm going to start out by giving the first Little Fish award to none other than Michelle at Life With Three. Now, Michelle is going to think I'm in looove with her after this because it wasn't very long ago that I bestowed upon her the Arte y Pico award which another blogger gave her around the same time, as well. All the more reason she's a worthy Little Fish, don't you think? That and she helped me come up with the idea in the first place. So really, she should get the credit.

Michelle's constantly making me laugh. Have you checked out her most recent post? I swear, I was actually laughing out loud while reading it. Not only that, but she posts some really helpful stuff! Michelle's blog is never filler. When she posts, there's content there. Michelle rocks. Go check her out and give her lots of comment love.

Here's the code for your Little Fish button, Michelle!


OK, so please, nominate some blogs you think are great in the comments here (they don't have to be mom blogs) and I'll pick at least one to feature next week. If it works out well this week, I'll keep it up. :)

**Nominees are closed for this week! Thanks!


14 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Girl, you are da bomb! I love you like a "BFOI!" I am proud to be a little fish in a big pond with you and am going to proudly display my award!

And, I'm thinking on some more little fish recommendations. I have some ideas, but it's getting late. So, I'm gonna sleep on it. :)

Jason, as himself said...[Reply to comment]

This is so nice! I love it. I will gladly nominate some "little fish." My first one is hulagirlatheart@blogspot.com, from the blog "Growing Older But Not Up." She doesn't seem to have tons of comments but she is such an outstanding writer--she amazes me every time I read a new post. For your consideration. Thank you.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...[Reply to comment]

I think this is a great idea! Thanks for visiting my little pond.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Just wanted to say thanks for the comment on my own little blog. Looking forward to reading more in the future.

Laura said...[Reply to comment]

It is a good idea! I am going to make a better effort to comment on all those little peoples blogs (like mine) and help each other right? I'll think about a little fish and get back to you if I think of a good one.

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

What a cute idea. I'll have to go look at some stats and think about who to nominate. In the meantime I'm off to go check out Michelle's blog :).

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I may have made Alltop but I still feel like a little fish! Not quite sure what I did to get to that! This is such an incredibly awesome idea for you to do!

But two of my favorite blogs are Deanna's Corner and Aff The Fang. They are among my absolute must-reads and completely terrific women!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...[Reply to comment]

I love this idea. I'm off to visit Michelle now.

Sarah said...[Reply to comment]

What a wonderful idea! I will think about who I want to nominate!

Mary said...[Reply to comment]

This is a great idea. It's always great to find someone new.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...[Reply to comment]

This is such a fabulous idea. I'm really liking Life With Three, but you obviously know about her. :)

Jackie at Our Moments, Our Memories is great. Girlymama at girlymama.typepad.com is fun. Oh, there are so many. Deidre at For Such a Time as This is another one.
I guess I could go on and on.

Again, great idea.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Awesome idea, hon! I'll round up a few fish and pass them along!

Mrs. Flinger said...[Reply to comment]

Well, I'm by no means "big" but listed on Alltop which means #suckit I totally don't qualify. ;-)

It's such a cute cute idea. I LURVE it. Thanks for introducing yourself to me on Twitter!! Now I can add you to my obsessions, I mean, blogs I read! Squeeee!

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

I have lots of people to nominate. I'll start with http://katydidnot.blogspot.com/
This week she's made me lol a lot.

Oh and I totally pink puffy heart Jason of The Jason Show (commenter above). In fact I kinda cyber stalk him, I love him so much.

Great idea, by the way.