Monday, October 27, 2008

Teacher's Planning Day

Today the kids have off from school. So teachers can plan. What sort of hell is the school district putting on our teachers that they need 3 whole teachers planning days and 6 early dismissal days so they can plan? Aside from the fact that the kids are only in school for 6 hours a day, which would feasibly leave 2 extra hours every day for planning, an entire summer, winter, and spring break for planning and I think that these teachers even have a planning period scheduled for them every day while our children go off to other places like music and art and PE.

What the CRAP are these teachers PLANNING?!?!

Can I blame this on the FCAT? Is this due to higher educational standards placed on our teachers by our states legislature? Wouldn't our children be doing better if they were actually in school learning instead of hanging around here with me all day? I mean, I love my kids and all, but I'm no educator. I considered that homeschooling thing for exactly 10 seconds before I realized I'd never do my children justice.

That and the thought of spending the entire day with my kids every day with no end in sight has me running to the corner to rock back and forth while sucking my thumb.

Which is why, my friends, I'm leaving the kids with The Man today while I go shopping.

TTFN.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Mine had Friday off so that Report Cards could be prepared. Report Cards? Seriously - they need a day off to write down a couple of letters next to each kids name?

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

I'm totally with you on this one. However our 2 planning days in October, which would have given my kids 2 three day weekends in a row were taken away because of the hurricane days they had off earlier in the year. And while I would normally say "Na, na, na, boo, boo" I can't today because I'm at home with a sick kid. If it's not one thing, it's another.