Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We've Got The Funk

So I mentioned before that we're leaving for vacation this weekend. The whole family is super excited, too. The Man's brother is even making my whole family dorky matching tee shirts.

So I'm sure you can imagine my dismay when Bug came down with some funk on Sunday that had him knocked out in bed all day long with a fever of around 102. The poor guy's still battling it today and has so far missed two days of school... in a week of school that currently only has four days... when he'll be missing four days of school next week.

I'm a little freaked out about this.

To top it all off, yesterday I felt it coming on. That's right. The sickness was overtaking me.

My dad noticed it before I even did when I talked to him in the morning. He noticed I didn't sound right. I chalked it up to lack of sleep.

Then later while at the gym I noticed my standard walk wasn't as easy as it usually is and when I turned the treadmill up to run for a bit I felt like I was going to die. Something just wasn't right.

I headed over to the store to buy 3 bags of Ricola Honey Lemon with Echinacea drops and a bottle of Zicam in some attempt to fight off the funk.

But the funk is here today and it's kicking my butt.

Any suggestions on how to make sure we're all healthy on Sunday when we board that ship? Anyone?


7 comments:

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Oh no, what rotten timing. Here, try this, quick.

PS Are you sure you're not a distant relative of mine? Anytime we travel anywhere one of the children is absolutely guaranteed to get sick right before we're due to leave!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Oh. Hell. No. You CANNOT be sick for this trip!

Sending feel better vibes your way...drink lots of water, take some vitamins and rest.

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, that just stinks. Unfortunately, I don't have any quick recovery tips. If you want a surefire way to keep your family healthy, never schedule a fancy vacation. It's like Murphy's Law. Scheduled vacation = sick kids. Same thing happened to us just prior to leaving for the beach a few weeks ago. Hope you're feeling better ASAP!

Heather of the EO said...[Reply to comment]

I'm a big geek. I have answers. Are they simple and obvious, maybe. But just in case...
Drug store = ZICAM - It really does work for me. Knocks the funk right out!

And then my sister gets this stuff at Walmart, I think? It's called VitaSplash and you pour it into water (it's a powder) and it has also worked for me. Tastes like kool-aid too, which can make you feel like a kid. Which can make you feel young and healthy :)

Jeanne Elle said...[Reply to comment]

Garlic is supposedly an immunity booster (if you can handle the husband's "you stink!!" comments ;-) Honey is good too. Sleep is really helpful... lol what was I thinking - who sleeps when they have young kids!!! (sigh) Good luck :-)

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

oh no! hope you all feel better soon...

sorry, i don't really have any secret remedies. :(

*hugs*

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

We have something like the Vitasplash here too. It's called Orovite and nothing works better. Plus we have a kids version that can be taken from age 2, tastes like orange.

You should give that a go, it can't hurt right.

And I'm sending 'feel good' vibes your way too.