Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To heat or not to heat...

It's 51 degrees outside. I know most of you are thinking that sounds positively wonderful. Like beach weather or something.

I'm freezing.

I'm sitting in my office in jeans and a hoodie and socks. Freezing. And debating actually turning on the heat even though our thermostat swears to me it's only 74 degrees in here.

It's lying.

But seriously, 51 degrees in South Florida? What's going on? We're only supposed to experience this type of thing for 3 days a year and those 3 days are not supposed to occur until January.

Imagine my dismay when I had to locate jackets and long pants that fit for three children at 6:45 AM this morning. Being the super woman that I am, I managed to do so and still get them all to school with plenty of time to spare.

I think I earned myself a cup of hot chocolate.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I hear you sister. My two refused to even get out of bed this morning. And then we had to have the "Why do I have to wear long pants?!?!?" battle. If this keeps up it's going to be a long hard faux-winter.

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds freezing to me. I'd definitely put the heat on.

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

It's arctic here as well. 3C this morning and trust me, I was the only who had to be dragged out of bed.

And it snowed a bit before lunchtime. Completely unheard of before January. Not enough to get snowed out of work though, which is a bummer.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I'm freaking freezing here too.. Tampa is colder than a witch's... well,, you get the idea. My thermostat reads 70 and I am literally shivering... Luckily my guy always wears jeans to school so we only had to dig out a jacket!

Cindy said...[Reply to comment]

I'm in south Georgia and my WeatherBug says it's 50. And 50 degrees at noon in Georgia IS freezing! My thermostat is set and the heater's keeping us a nice, cozy 73 degrees. So, yeah, definately put the heat on.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...[Reply to comment]

I know! WTH is going on here? We skipped what we call Fall and went straight to winter. I'm not a happy camper.

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Girl, I crank up that heat as soon as my DH leaves the house! (Horrible, I know.) But, I can't stand to be cold -- and it's been in the 50s here in GA, too. I just bought a pair of purple fluffy socks from CVS that are super-warm because I can't stand walking around here with freezing toes. :)