Saturday, October 4, 2008

Get used to it...

It seems that the phrase around my house is "It's not fair!"

Munchkin takes the last of the chips and Bug exclaims "It's not fair!"

Bug leaves something in the living room and I ask Goober to pick it up and put it away and he lets me know "It's not fair!"

Goober gets a cooler toy in his Happy Meal and Munchkin whines "It's not fair!"

Welcome to life, kids. It's not far. It's never going to be fair. You might as well learn it now rather then later. When you get to be a mom or a dad you'll never get any chips because your kids will have eaten them all before you could even blink. You'll clean up everyone else's mess all the time and all your meals come with is a bill.

It's not fair, that's the darned truth.


6 comments:

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

Yep, we always answer it's not fair with a good strong "Life isn't fair!"

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

gosh.

I STILL say that.

A Spot of T said...[Reply to comment]

The kids are pretty good about it...my hubby? Not so much. Don't tell him I said that. Yep. Wait til they get older if they think life isn't fair now. LOL poor souls.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

It is NOT fair. That's the truth. But it's also unfair for everybody. Which is, well, sort of fair.

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

errr... i think that all the time.

life is so totally not fair. :P

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...[Reply to comment]

I'm with Karen. I answer that with "Life's not fair. Deal with it." So mean, but geez, get used to it early, kids.
Or lay down and have a tantrum. Right beside me.