Thursday, October 9, 2008

I think I can hear Donna Summer singing...


I'm a little late with my Sincerly 'Fro Me To You for today... but I'm going to blame it on this sneaky little virus that seems to be sweeping through my house.

Today we're going to head back about 25 years to 1983. Except this 1983 happened in 2008. At the skating rink.

We actually do have an updated skating rink in our area but our favorite is the same one I used to skate at when I was a kid. And it looks exactly the same. I'm not even exaggerating. It seriously looks EXACTLY the same. It's like a time warp.

This year we had Munchkin's birthday at the rink. She was a little nervous to get on the skates but told me it was because they were brown and that she didn't look good in brown. I sort of don't blame her, really. I'm pretty sure the skates are the same ones I used to skate in when I went to the rink.

Um.. yeah...

Photobucket

But after a little encouragement and some force we got her on the skates.

Photobucket

And eventually, with the help of the wall and the promise of presents later, she started to glide a bit.

Photobucket

Before long she let go of that wall and actually made it around the rink a couple of times.

Photobucket

Then she demanded those presents.

Photobucket

And we ended the day with a little no skate boogie on the rink.

Photobucket

For more Sincerely 'Fro Me To You flashbacks, check out We are THAT Family!


4 comments:

Crayl said...[Reply to comment]

I'm glad it ended well. her little face is so sad for her own birthday party! Good for her for sticking with it.

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

I love skating parties! I'm glad she got the hang of it.

I LOVED roller skating "back in the day." I wanted to be a professional roller skater, but for some reason, the professional side of the sport just never took off like ice skating... ;)

Tammy said...[Reply to comment]

I so love the skating rink. This has been the year my kids learned how to skate. No more dragging mom to the floor while helping. They are on their own now.

How come nobody does the Hokey Pokey at the rink anymore?!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I firmly believe that every little girl should be taught to roller skate! Although, I'm with her on the brown rental skates. Shouldn't she have white ones with big pom-poms tied to the laces?? Those were the days...