Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Getting down with the sickness

So the Munchkin is sick today. Earlier tonight she said she didn't want to eat and sort of felt like she was going to throw up. So she lay down in her bed and watched TV with a big giant pink bowl in case she had to throw up.

We all ate dinner and were sitting in the family room when she proudly brought in her bowl full of vomit.

Joy.

So we flushed the present she gave me and I put her in the bathtub. I washed out the bowl and changed her sheets (no she didn't vomit on them and they're pretty freshly cleaned... but my mom always changed my sheets when I got sick so I do it, too) and gave her the quilt of mine she always wants but I never let her have.

She went back to bed and then I felt it. Just slightly... a little twinge in my stomach. Enough to know what very well might be coming soon.

So what do I do? Do I crawl into bed? Do I take a bath myself and go to bed with a bowl and watch TV?

Nope.

No... I'm a mom. There are things to be done and darnit if I'm going to get sick I'd better have them done before the first bit of puke passes my lips.

So I quickly threw our sheets in the wash (they're the nice ones and if I'm going to be sick I'm gonna sleep on clean Egyptian cotton), cleaned up the kitchen, made a grocery list and ran to the store. I got home, put the sheets in the dryer and the groceries away and just as soon as I lay Bug's clothes out for school tomorrow and get that bed made I'll be able to actually get sick.

I ♥ being a mom.


0 comments: