Friday, January 25, 2008

I Read A Book!

I'm exclaiming this sort of in the same manner that my four year old might exclaim it when he gets to the end of Cars: The Big Race. Except that I really DID read the book and didn't just push all the little sound things and make the words up as I went. (Not that my book had little sound things... never mind...)

I finished A Land Remembered last night. Before you think how lucky I am that I had so many hours to devote to reading a book, please know that my children were neglected and forced to play Wii unattended, my house is disgraceful, and I fed my family a strange mixture of Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese, frozen peas, and Boca Hamburger substitute for dinner. I can't accept blame for this, though. The book was too darned good. Since I picked it up at the fair last week I've spent every second I possibly could spend with my nose in this book and last night I just HAD to finish it. I had to because I had to get back to my regularly scheduled life. I highly recommend it if you happen to have a weekend to yourself (insert insane laughter here). Seriously, don't pick this book up if you can't devote yourself to it... it will suck you in.

Anyhow... now I am living in a strange world of withdrawal. I keep getting the feeling that I want to go lose myself in the world of Zech and Tobias and the Florida wilderness and then I remember that it's over. It's sort of heart sinking...

Today I was driving back from dropping the kids off at school and thought that Sol could have driven his Model T right over the very ground I was driving my Chrysler Minivan over right now! Then I remembered it was fiction... bummer...

I wish there was a sequel, I wish it could have continued.... but now I have to get back to reality, back to this century, back to this Florida. *sigh*


1 comments:

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds like a great book. I wonder if it will make it to Israel.