Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Facial Day! Fight the Frump!

I've talked about how great I think Biore Pore Perfect strips are at unclogging nose pores and I still think they're super. However, I don't know about you, but I have pores all OVER my face. Not just on my nose. Sometimes those other pores could use a little work.

There's nothing like a little steam to work wonders on your pores. Not only will a nice facial steam make your skin look nice and glowy, but it will also clear your sinuses up and get rid of a headache.

Don't just stick your head over a pot of boiling water, though. It's simple to make the steam even more effective and much more pleasant with essential oils.

Personally, I like to use tea tree oil because it's invigorating but evidently the word around town is that you should use different oils for different skin types.

For normal skin types, mandarin or lavender essential oils are recommended. For oily skin, lemon and eucalyptus oils are recommended. For dry skin, choose rose or chamomile oils.

To do the steam, boil 1 gallon of water to a rapid boil. Take it off the burner and once it stops boiling add 6 to 8 drops of oil to the water. Lean over the steaming pot with a towel over your head for 10 minutes. Fabulous!

Once you're done with the steam a quick once over with toner will close your pores up but if you feel like being more involved here are some quick and easy masks that you can probably whip up with what you have at home. :)

For more fight the frump tips, check out Mrs. Fussypants!

P.S. Have you commented on my book giveaway yet? I'll draw a name on Tuesday and you could win it. ;)


6 comments:

Texasholly said...[Reply to comment]

I have never done this. I am going to try it because it sounds so luxurious especially with the oil.

Darla said...[Reply to comment]

I need to do this, I really really need to do this. :S

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

i've tried this before, it's quite amazing to see all the dirt that it pulls up.

great post!

Melissa said...[Reply to comment]

I love those strips too, but the other ones for chin and stuff dont work as well for me... so i will have to try this

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

This really sounds luxurious! I've been thinking about essential oils since about the inception of the internet, but I think this will be the post that wins me over. I'm getting some!

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

The apple moisturizing face mask looks good enough to eat! I'm going to have to give that a try.