Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some Things Never Change





dad and me 1980

This is me and my dad circa 1980. This photo is capturing perhaps my happiest childhood memory - being loved and adored by the man in my life. To say I was Daddy's Little Girl is an understatement. He was my savior, my hero, the man who could do anything. Moments like these were the cherry on top of my carefree 3 year old day.

As a selfish 3 year old back then I really didn't think much of how my dad felt about those moments. He was tired, he had worked a long day, he probably wanted to get out of that collared button down shirt. Who would think he'd want a kid to pounce on him the moment he got through the door?

He did. These moments weren't just the highlight of my day, they were the highlight of his, too. After all the stress he felt all day building a business, when he got home this was just where he wanted to be.

Things haven't changed much, either.

grumps

This is my first entry for the Sincerely 'Fro Me To You blog carnival held over at We Are That Family.


10 comments:

Kristen said...[Reply to comment]

What sweet tribute! I think it's the most important relationship a little girl can have. I'm so glad yours was good! Thanks for sharing and linking up!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Great post!!

DD said...[Reply to comment]

Cant see the picture and the site is throwing up some "put in a password" stuff. But I like the words. :)

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

same as well behaved krissy...

great post but can't see the pics. it's asking for some password thing.

:)

Valarie Lea said...[Reply to comment]

Such great words!! I can not see the pictures either, that password thing pops up on me also. :)

Growin' with it said...[Reply to comment]

i'm was a bit thrown off remembering what I looked like in 1980...older than you were!

adorable photo of you and the kids. dad's laps are one of the best places on earth!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Aww, I'm sure he'd be so touched to hear you say that!

Tammy said...[Reply to comment]

Welcome to the best things going on Thursdays in blog land. It is totally my favorite.

You did a great job with your first post. And what a special dad you have in your life and grandfather to the kids. It totally shows in those photos!

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

You and your little girl are so alike and obviously friends of the camera. This is a beautiful post.

DD said...[Reply to comment]

hey thats BETTA!!!! Aww how cute! :)