Friday, June 27, 2008

Fighting the Frump with Drink Mixes

I am perpetually on some sort of diet. You see, my problem is with food. I like to feel full and I like sweet stuff. It's tough. Recently, though, I discovered a little product that is helping to take the edge off. Actually, I discovered two of them.

There's the South Beach Diet Tide Me Over Drink Mix and Kellogg's Special K20 Drink Mix.

These mixes come in little packets that are easy to throw in your purse and are added to a standard 20 ounce bottle of water to make a yummilicious protein drink. They really do taste great, though they are a little thicker than the typical Crystal Light type of drink. The best part is that they really do fill me up! They contain 5 grams of fiber per serving and either 3 or 5 grams of protein per serving (the South Beach stuff has 3 grams and the Special K stuff has 5) so they help keep me from wanting to grab a cookie in between meals.

That's how I'm fighting the frump this week! For more frump fighting tips, check out Mrs. Fussypants!

PS - Book Giveaway Here!


7 comments:

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...[Reply to comment]

That's great! I've been trying to cut back on soda lately (she writes while sipping a ridiculously HUGE vat of Pepsi). I'm hoping that alone will get rid of a few pounds. (Ya - riiiight....)

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

that's a great post! i totally am still trying to get rid of this baby weight and it's taken permanent residence on me.

i'm going to try those for sure!

(maybe i should lay off these cheeze its, eh?)

Darla said...[Reply to comment]

I have been drinking sugar free lemonade myself, cuz errrr I had started to get a strongggggg liking for Mr. Mike's Hard Lemonades and needed to cut THAT in the bud.

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...[Reply to comment]

Great post! Definitely fighting the frump!

Big Hair Envy said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for the tip. I could always stand to lose a pound, or twenty :)

Abbreviated said...[Reply to comment]

Have 10 last pounds to loose.

Beginning to wonder if I stopped drinking my daily Dr. Pepper aka liquid sugar, if that would help.

Just returned from New Orleans & drank a ton of water, juice, tea & smoothies.

Nauntie Lush said...[Reply to comment]

I love the K20 Pink Lemonade. It is good. The fiber is good for you and the protien keeps you full. A friend also just recommended the Crystal Light Focus water...which I balked at. But it has 40mg of caffeine, B vitamins, and only 5 little calories! It keeps me going through the afternoon and tastes delicious! Now if someone could make celery less stringy I would be set!