Monday, June 16, 2008

Update to the Girls Night Out


Here is Munchkin and me the other night at the dance recital we got all dolled up for. Do you ever see a picture of yourself and just have the most insane desire to run a brush through your hair? This is how I am feeling about this picture. I realize I'm in desperate need of a good stylist. It looks great when I leave the bathroom after using the flat iron... but somewhere along the road the Florida humidity catches up with me and I end up with this sort of flat mess. The Man will die if I chop it all off so I'm sort of stuck with the long look. What to do, what to do....

The recital was for my best friend's daughter who is the best little 8 year old dancer I ever did see. :) I was thoroughly impressed with the recital and didn't get bored even once! Munchkin was equally impressed and though she doesn't want to actually perform on stage (the girl has wicked stage fright) she loved watching and was dancing in her seat. After 3 hours of performance she was disappointed when it was over!

My friend and I proved our bad mom status and took our little girls to IHOP after the performance was over at 11:00 at night. Both girls ordered the fresh and fruity breakfast and had ice cream sundaes at midnight. It was like Munchkin's dream come true.... a GIRL to talk to, no brothers around, up WAY past her bedtime, pancakes and ICE CREAM! She passed out gloriously overcooked in the back of the van on the way home.

In other news - I think I'm in love with this site.


2 comments:

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

That one on one time is so much fun!

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds like it was a fun night! I love the picture of you and your little girl. And, love the new top, btw. :)