Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bliss is an empty house

I can hear my air conditioning vent. I can hear that the toilet in the kids bathroom is dripping a little bit. I think I just heard a bird chirping outside.

I do not hear any screaming, yelling, toys dropping, televisions, annoying beepie sounds, or Munchkin's newfound love of singing Disney songs.

They're all gone. All of them. The Man took them away. I love him so.

His cousin is in a bit of a crisis this week. The person who committed to watching her 3 kids this summer went on vacation and she was in a bit of a pinch. Since The Man is a super techie wonder man and she had a bunch of stuff she needed him to do he volunteered himself to go over and sit at her house all day so she could go to work. He took our kids, too.

I know, I think he might be crazy... but I didn't tell him that. Today he's baby sitting four boys aged 11, 8, 7, and 4 and two 6 year old girls.

All by himself.

It's quarter to 11 and I haven't received any desperate phone calls from him yet so he's either duct taped them to the furniture or he's managing. I'm hoping for the latter.

Me? I think I'll go take a nap.


5 comments:

Sarah said...[Reply to comment]

ahhhh... I can only imagine your bliss... DEFINITELY go take a nap!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I have not been alone in my house in over 13 years. I cannot imagine the complete bliss. I think I might hate you! ;-)

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

take a nap!!! something i wish i can do!

maybe they duct taped him to a chair and he can't get to the phone... ;) (like in the movies!)

have a great day off!

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Hold on to that man -- you've got a keeper! Enjoy the peace and rest up. :)

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

Your dh is a saint indeed, and I burst out laughing at the duct tape line! Enjoy your peace and quiet.