Monday, June 16, 2008

The Fifteen Years Meme

Karen tagged me and I don't really feel like posting about my current life today so I'm super thankful. :)

Here's the deal. Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn't seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life?

You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love.

The summer of 1993 I was 16 years old... wowza.
* After getting my first car at 17 I had freedom to meet boys who did not go to my high school! At this time I met my first love and all of his friends, one of them being The Man.
* Graduated from High School in 1995 and rushed almost immediately to University of Florida, dragging my older boyfriend along with me.
* Discovered the keg party some time in my sophomore year which caused me to start missing classes which caused me to withdraw from the semester altogether and attempt to hide this from my father. He found out.
*Attempted to take care of myself in Gainesville by conducting phone surveys and selling vacuum cleaners to pay the bills. Broke up with boyfriend, moved home, and started at FAU when I realized I hated the real world.
* Got pregnant at 22 and subsequently got married. Got pregnant again at 23 and left husband (maybe someday I'll post about him... maybe not, though)
* Reconnected with The Man after the birth of Munchkin and it was love at first reunited sight for me.
* OMGOSH Got pregnant at 25 with Goober! (I had an IUD and YES I know how babies are made!) This is how our little family was cemented.
* Bought our house in the sticks and built our life here among dirt roads and livestock.
* Watched as lots and lots of other people joined suit until there were less pickup trucks around and more Hondas.
* Got into a 70 mph I95 accident when our tire blew out that totaled our Mitsubishi Montero with The Man, Goober, and me in the truck. The truck hit the wall dividing oncoming traffic and no other cars (miraculously). I was treated for a concussion and Goober wasn't hurt at all. The Man still deals with whiplash pain occasionally. We got our minivan after that and I love it.

There ya go! Now for the tagging of 5 people....

I'm tagging Michelle at Life with Three first because she's the last person who tagged me for a meme. :) Then I'm tagging June Cleaver Nirvana because I just found her blog and it made me giggle. Anyone who uses the word "Swell" in their header gets a thumbs up in my book. Okay, three more...

Bahama Shores Mama gets my next tag and Karla at Looking Towards Heaven. Finally we'll top it all off with a fellow South Floridian, Red at It's All About Me... Sometimes.

No pressure, of course. :)


3 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

I'm so impressed that you were able to sum up 15 years in 10 bullet points! Well done! Thank goodness your car accident didn't turn out worse. That's no small miracle!

Thanks for the tag! I'm adding it to the hopper...

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for doing the Meme. It was fun, right? I feel I know you a bit better now.

Texasholly said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! Thanks for the tag. I am afraid people will be sleeping through my bullet points. They aren't nearly as interesting as yours.

I am so glad all turned out well after the car accident. I bet that was an extremely frightening time.