Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's Been A While

I'm back! Did you miss me? I've taken a hiatus... a cyber vow of silence so to speak. It felt great. :)

I planned on coming here to post a great Works For Me Wednesday post and then I noticed this news story. I don't have words to describe the feelings this story brings up in me. The fear of losing a child is so intense. It's a thought that invades my mind every day, numerous times. When I let them get on that bus to go to school, when they make the 100 foot walk home in the afternoon, when they play in the pool, when they ride a bike, when they go to sleep... something could go wrong. I can feel thick pain when I let my mind linger on the thoughts too long.

My heart goes out to the parents who lost a child in Uganda the other night. My heart goes out to any parent who has ever lost a child for any reason, anywhere.


0 comments: