Monday, April 28, 2008

It's Nifty to be Thrifty


I know today is Monday, I'm not confused. I made this neat little image because I'm thinking of starting a new series on Thursday on my blog.

See, today I'm off to the thrift and consignment stores to treasure hunt. It's one of my favorite parts of my job. I get to scour Palm Beach county for stuff that people with far too much money just decided they didn't need anymore. Thank goodness for the Palm Beach social scene where women wear designer gowns once and donate them. I'm loving it.

Another great thing about thrifting is that I can decorate my house and outfit my family for pennies. I'm always finding stuff I love for next to nothing and bringing it home. Because of this, I'm thinking of starting "Thrifty Thursday" series on my blog where I take pictures of and post all the goodies I find for my family. I'd do it on Thursday not only because of the sweet alliteration but because I'm usually done with my thrifting for the week by Thursday. I think it might encourage other people to get out there and start looking for treasures, too! What do you think? Do you give a darn what I find at thrift stores and how much I pay for it? Does anyone else have a thrift store addiction? Would anyone else maybe be interested in sharing what you find?

Hmmm???


1 comments:

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

I think that is an awesome idea! I would totally come see what you found! One of my best friend's always says she'll never need drugs because she gets a high from finding a great bargain.