Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yes... I really am a good mom...

This morning I was up at 5AM which is a record for me. There have been more 5AMs that I was GOING to bed than ones when I was waking up. I went to bed around 10 last night due to exhaustion so 5AM rolled around and I popped out of bed like lightly browned toast.

What did I do so early? I made a giant batch of Buttermilk Pancakes, of course.

The Man was up as he couldn't sleep last night and gave up so I sliced strawberries and put them on top of his. The kids all got up since they heard me bustling around and they were all pleased to find pancakes waiting for them. Maybe this is what they'll remember from now on.

My mom used to get up at the crack of dawn to make us pancakes topped with fruit before school. Then she would walk us to the bus stop smiling and kiss us on the forehead before we boarded the bus to school. Ah yes, what a wonderful mother we had.

Rather than the reality where mom wakes up 10 minutes before the bus comes and runs into their bedrooms throwing polo shirts and khaki shorts at them and making sure they have a dollar to buy school breakfast.

This morning after I get the munchkins off to school I'll be emptying out our freezer as it seems to be defrosting from the top down. Hopefully The Man and I can decipher what the problem is in order to save the ice cream. That stuff is up to $5.85 a half gallon, you know.


1 comments:

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

Hey, I have a 9 year old who makes breakfast for herself and her little sister while I snooze on the couch. It's good to be a slacker mom and teach the kids to do for themselves. Just think when they go off on their own at least they will manage to feed themselves! Hee hee!
ps thanks for stopping by my blog and adding me to your Heroes list, I am honored, hope I can live up to that, oh the pressure!