Monday, November 3, 2008

Maybe I'll Get It Together This Week

Why is it that by the time I really feel like I'm getting the hang of this whole time change thing it's time to go ahead and change again. Although, I'm sort of thinking that I like this particular time change because this morning I woke up without the aid of my alarm clock.

And every family member who is reading this just about keeled over from shock with that sentence.

Today I took Bug for a meeting with a therapist to discuss his inability to focus in school among other issues. We talked about how Bug is easily distracted and unable to keep things organized and the therapist asked me if there was a history of these problems in our family.

I felt as though five gleaming gold shiny arrows magically had appeared above me and were pointing down to my head as I answered.

"Well, I guess you could say I'm a little disorganized."

And then, sweet lady that she is, she asked me what I did to help combat that.

"Um... nothing yet."

I wonder what she was writing in that notepad.

Child's problems stem from mother's inability to get her crap together.

At the end of the appointment she handed me a little questionnaire to fill out and one to give to Bug's teacher and we made another appointment for a week from now. I guess we'll see how that goes. Perhaps I should attempt to put some type of organizational skills to the test in the meantime...


2 comments:

Karen said...[Reply to comment]

"Um... nothing yet." Totally would've been my answer too.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Ditto on the nothing yet...

You'll love the flip side of this, though, Spaz. When your kid(s) show better-than-average intelligence through standardized testing or grades, it's amazing how one hears "isn't it great how he's smart like his dad?" Um... aren't my genes in there too?

Good luck with getting things sorted out with Bug