Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How appropriate for election day... Vote!

On our way to the therapist's office yesterday Bug asked me if I'd like to live in the white house.

"Well, that would mean I was related to the president and I probably wouldn't like that very much." I replied.

"Well," he said "I was thinking I'd be the president, but I won't do it if it wouldn't make you happy."

And in that moment, a little munchkin crept into my body and squoze my heart. Of course, I quickly corrected myself and made sure that Bug knew that I wanted him to be happy and if being the president was what he wanted to do that I'd support him and be incredibly proud.

Today I'm reflecting on that conversation and I just can't help but be in a little bit of wonder at how limitless my children's dreams are. My babies, my children, the little people I have produced, me, me! They can be whatever they want to be and they know it.

My children are born in this country and they have limitless opportunities. How absolutely amazing is that? I just hope that they never lose those aspirations, that they continue to know they can be anything, that they continue to strive for their highest dreams. I guess that's the best thing I can do as their mother is keep feeding those dreams.

Photobucket

We're heading over to vote this afternoon when the kids get out of school. The Man will take Bug with him and I will take Munchkin. Goober isn't quite old enough to understand what's going on, but Bug and Munchkin get it. Munchkin keeps asking me who I'm voting for and I keep telling her it's a private matter. She doesn't quite understand why I don't discuss it, but I know she will one day. Their schools have been talking about the election and they even had a mock election at their school. I'm happy to say that both of my children voted for the right candidate. ;)


1 comments:

A Spot of T said...[Reply to comment]

Oh my "Bug for President '40" just squeezed my heart strings. I think it's so amazing to think a child in this day and age can some day be president. Boggles my mind yet it can happen. I may live in Canada, but I've been following along with your election. I'm excited to see who your next president will be!