Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My one day of rest

Today is Tuesday and it is the only day this week I will not be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I'm so pleased. I told The Man last night that I didn't even want to step foot in the car today.

Unfortunately the kids missed the bus this morning so I DID have to step foot in the car to take them to school. But no more! I'm not going anywhere else! :)

Tomorrow we have a cub scout meeting, Thursday is a brownie meeting, and Friday we're going CAMPING with the cub scouts.

A couple of weeks ago it was me who decided it would be a great idea that we all go camping this weekend with Bug's pack. I thought it would be great to spend a weekend together as a family, in the wilderness, building a camp fire, roasting marshmallows... all that jazz.

As the weekend approaches and the rest of my family gets more and more excited, I am getting more and more apprehensive. I'm seeing myself attempting to feed my family with the aid of an open fire (there's a Burger King and a Publix about 5 minutes up the road), me getting dirty no matter how much I try not to (our house is only 15 minutes away with it's hot water showers and hair blow dryer), and our tent being impaled by a wild boar.

We have lots of wild boars here in Florida. They look something like this:
Photobucket

We see them frequently eating grass on the side of the road when traveling home at night. They like the yummy grass that borders the road, I guess.

Yeah... if I meet one in the woods I think I'll pee myself.


3 comments:

Trish said...[Reply to comment]

You're brave. Camping is so not my thing -- too much work. Thankfully, my husband takes on that task solo.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Yum, barbecued pork!

dawn224 said...[Reply to comment]

yeah, I'd be happy that camping trip was cancelled too!