Thursday, May 21, 2009

I surely wasn't paying any attention to that Jersey Shirt, either.

While perusing the blogs I love to read I came across a post by Suburban Turmoil about the fashion statements American Apparel has been making lately and this post caused me to go check out the American Apparel website myself.

Now, I've heard of American Apparel. I don't think I've ever purchased from them, but I knew of their existence.

This was my first visit to their website.

And on my first visit... I encountered boobs.

Boobs.

Not a hint of boobs, not some saucy cleavage shots... BOOBS.

Fully uncovered and uncensored boobies.

(You have to view the slideshow on that item to see them... if you must.)

Y'all... I was speechless. I mean... I'd expect boobs if I was browsing the Playboy website or if I got a raunchy pop up or something. But I was a little taken back when I got them browsing Jersey Tee Shirts. I was so shocked I had to call The Man over to see, too.

He thanked me.

And yanno? It made me look at a lot more of their items to see if I could find more boobies. I don't know why. I couldn't help it. I guess the marketing strategy is working. I'm even posting about them.

I didn't find any more. It can be your own personal challenge if you are so inclined.

PS - Please vote for me today! You can vote every day until July 15th. Star ratings and reviews give me bonus points. :)


6 comments:

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

America needs more boobs. And more dick. I was impressed that The Watchmen actually had a higher dick to boob ratio than maybe any other mainstream film. Why should it be more normal to see unhealthy things than natural things? I'll take nudity and sex any day over finger breaking, mass murderers caught every week, cops talking suspects out of calling lawyers, emaciated models, processed food as typical, and all that other b/s we are inundated with regularly.

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Honestly, I don't feel I need to see anyone's nether regions OR their boobs. It doesn't excite me or add any entertainment value to anything I watch. I realize I'm not in the majority, though, so I deal with it. I don't want to see violence, either.

When I'm shopping for tee shirts, though? REALLY? Her boobies aren't going to come WITH the shirt, are they? So do I really need to see them?

Jason, as himself said...[Reply to comment]

I agree with Jenny.

But not unless you ask for it. Not if you're just an innocent domestic spaz trying to buy a wholesome t-shirt.

But I don't think people should be allowed to see violence even if they ask for it.

Jason, as himself said...[Reply to comment]

And I just voted for you! I'll try to remember to return and do it again and again.

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Jason, I <3 you! Really... every time you comment on my blog it sends my heart a flutter.

And honestly? Any time I see dick in movies it makes me giggle. A lot. Like in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I laughed my ass off.

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

So I guess it does add some entertainment value, huh.

Oh... and btw, JENNY... my dad reads this.