Friday, May 1, 2009

Blog posts should not be written when delirious

Okay y'all. I seriously need a cure for my insomnia. I'm tired.

Seriously.

And don't tell me to not take naps in the afternoon because when you don't sleep all night and you realize you might be able to catch just a little bit of sleep in between 11 AM and 2 PM you do it. You do it because if you don't do it you may just bite someone's head off or fall asleep standing up in the kitchen over a hot stove. Or drive the car into a canal. I sleep when I can make myself sleep.

I laid down to go to sleep around 12:00 AM. I wasn't really tired so I read a bit... until maybe 1:00. Then I tried to go to sleep but sleep would not come so I got up and made The Man a sandwich. I laid back down. I thought maybe I just couldn't sleep because I had so much going on in my head that I should make a list of the things I needed to do so I could get them out of my head.

So I made a list.

And then I laid back down.

I almost fell asleep at one point and then the dog whined and I was awake again.

Around 2:30 The Man decided he was tired and came to bed. I thought for sure I'd be able to sleep then.

Nothing.

I tossed and turned until quarter to 4 when I finally decided to just get the heck up. Getting 2 hours of sleep wouldn't be good for me anyhow.

I read Bossy's Family Tree from beginning to end and every other blog in my blog reader and now it's nearly 6 AM and I'll be getting the kids up for school in 1/2 hour and driving all over creation.

I am tired, blogosphere. I want to sleep. This has been going on for months, my friends... and I need it to stop. In the beginning I was taking melatonin... which worked... but only if I took it making sure I had a full 8 hours to sleep or else I wouldn't wake up in the morning. Now I'm a little afraid my body has stopped producing its own melatonin altogether and I'll forever be cursed with no sleep.

I'm tired... and being tired is not conducive to positive thinking!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Tylenol PM is my best friend. I take it 2 hours before I go to bed.

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

i have your problem, my friend. that and i have a 16mo old that still doesn't sleep through the night. anyhow, i alternate between ambien and a glass of wine. i know, not good solutions either way, but i need help. i think i just think too much.

hope you get some rest soon.

thinking of you!

BOSSY said...[Reply to comment]

Bossy apologizes for the long reach of her Family Tree's limbs. Of course, disregard this comment, left after only a couple of hours sleep!