Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On The Road With The Spaz

So I'm driving the other day to pick Goober up from school and it's pouring. In fact, if I could have waited any longer to pick him up I would have because no sensible person should have been voluntarily driving in these particular conditions. But I'm dangerously close to the last minute on picking him up so I venture out. I am soaked, I get the little monster in the car, he's soaked, and we're on our way home when I look in my rear view mirror and see this:

Photobucket

(Okay, it was just very similar to this... I wasn't going to pull out my camera in the monsoon or anything...)

This kind of thing makes me insane. I'm driving in a downpour on a 2 lane road in my minivan and a semi truck is riding my ass? This is why I want The Man to install a scrolling marquee in my rear windshield so I can broadcast "Back Off, Moron! I've got little kids in here!"

People are stopping in front of me all over the place to make left turns and I'm freaked out about stopping because I just know Mr. Tractor Trailer can't stop for crap in the rain so my only defense is to be so far back behind the guy in front of me that I can barely tell what color his car is.

You'd think commercial drivers, being that they're on the road all the time and are well aware of the dangers, would be much more cautious.

And that's my rant for the day.

I've noticed that a lot of my entries lately have been me bitching about something or another. I'm going to try to stop that. Right after I post this entry. :)


2 comments:

Bahama Shores Mama said...[Reply to comment]

scrolling marquees for the back of your ride??? Genius! Patent it and become a millionaire...

ps. keep ranting, you make me look normal :)

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

I hate that. You can't swear with those scrolling marquues you know. I've tried:)