Friday, April 10, 2009

Kids like Quiche

Today the kids have no school for Good Friday so I made them a little surprise.

Photobucket

The Man swears he doesn't like quiche so I never make it. I was surprised at how easy it was to make and how much the kids LOVED it. I ate a very small piece and the kids ate the rest. It was officially a hit. I made The Man an omelet with essentially the same ingredients. I really can't see the difference... I mean, it's the same thing except for the crust. And who doesn't like pie crust?

Since it was so simple and such a big hit I figured I'd post the recipe:

Easy as Pie Quiche (I'm sort of proud of my quiche naming abilities...):

1 premade frozen deep dish pie crust
Cut up ham - as much as you like
1 cup cheddar cheese
4 eggs
1 cup half & half (next time I'm going to try it with regular milk)
A couple of pinches of salt

Preheat oven to 425.

Lay ham on bottom of pie crust, top with 1 cup cheddar cheese. I'm sure you can also add veggies or bacon or a different kind of cheese and it would work just as well.

Whisk together eggs, half & half, and salt and pour over cheese.

Bake on cookie sheet in oven for 15 minutes, then turn heat down to 300 degrees and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving. Easy Peasy.

Photobucket


2 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Real men don't eat quiche.

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

tell the man it's egg pie.

i'm going to try your easy quiche recipe tomorrow!