Monday, April 20, 2009

And they wonder why I don't like touching people...

So, I have a little pet peeve. Okay, it's sort of a big pet peeve. It has to do with the bathroom. No, it's not which way the toilet paper is put on the roll (it should be over, by the way... but I won't freak out if it's not) or whether the toilet paper is actually on the dispenser or whether the seat is up or down. Those are all irritating if done incorrectly... but they aren't my issue.

My issue is with soap.

I'm sure it's happened to you, too. You're at a friend's house, or maybe your Great Aunt Margaret's house, and you go to the bathroom. You start to wash your hands and then you realize there's no soap. None. Not a lotion soap, not a bar, nothing. So you open a medicine cabinet, maybe look under the sink, and if all else fails (and you're not in a dreaded half-bath) you look in the shower and actually use a bit of that soap. Because it's better than no soap.... isn't it? I know... I'm not sure, either.

If there isn't any soap in there you've really got a problem.

Photobucket

And I have to wonder... what the heck? Don't these people wash their hands after they go to the bathroom? No? And then I think... what else have they touched after they went to the bathroom and didn't wash their hands? O...M...G... Great Aunt Margaret just made me dinner!!!

And then I am convinced I've ingested a multitude of harmful bacteria. I can feel myself getting sicker by the minute. My hands feel as though they are coated in nuck and every surface I touch only makes this worse.

Neurosis? Perhaps. But at least my hands are clean.


2 comments:

Bahama Shores Mama said...[Reply to comment]

thanks for the laugh today.......off to make sure my guest bath has soap!

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

oh, i totally understand! i would freak out as well. how doesn't have soap in the bathroom??
or worse is the restaurants that doesn't have soap...