Monday, December 15, 2008

Next year I'll be more prepared... really...

Last night while lying in bed and trying to go to sleep I had an epiphany. It's one that has hit me every year about this time since I had children. There are less than 2 weeks until Christmas and I am horribly unprepared.

It occurred to me, while attempting to drift off into a dreamy happy wonderland, that Bug has a "Holiday Around The World Project" that needs to be completed by Thursday requiring an essay, visual aids, and a dish from Scotland. Sure, we've known about it for over a week, but believe me, the majority of work will be completed within the next couple of days. I also have a scrapbook to complete, pictures of the kids to take, four more gifts to purchase, a cub scout meeting to attend, tons of stuff to wrap, and a multitude of other little things that need to be completed. All that on top of my regular workload.

I'm a little freaked out.

However, I will manage it all and on the morning of the 26th I'll be able to breathe. A little.

And then I'll clean up the mess.


5 comments:

Melissa said...[Reply to comment]

ha ha I know how you feel. it just hit me today that Christmas is soooo close. I have been so focused on family coming that I haven't done Christmas shopping, gotten a tree, finished putting up decorations, and havn't even gotten us stockings! ahhhh! I am such a dork!

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

I've hit panic attack time as well. Its the same every year.

The easiest scottish recipe is Shortbread and we go nuts for it in the UK.

6oz plain flour, 4oz butter, 2oz granulated sugar. Blitz in a food processor, press into the bottom of a cake pan and bake until just turning golden brown about 25 to 35minutes.

Its either that or Haggis:p

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

ah... i just went through that today! i pretty much bought out target in panic.

hang in there!

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, yes. I know the feeling well! :) It all seems to build to this huge crescendo by Christmas, but after that, things slowly calm back down. Hang in there -- take it task by task. I keep telling myself that if I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, that's got to be better than standing still.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

you are NOT alone!!!!