Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's gonna be a long day!

My sister called me last night and asked if I'd abandoned my blog.

Oops.

As of right now, 8:04 AM on December 10, 2008, my best friend is still pregnant. Over the past week or so she's become increasingly uncomfortable, freaked out, irritable, etc. She's struggled to work, to shave her legs, to laugh without peeing. She's more than ready to get her body back.

Except I haven't told her that her body will not be hers for several more years. No use scaring the crap out of her at this point, is there?

The arrival of this little baby has been anxiously awaited by many people, myself definitely toward the top of the list. So you can imagine my excitement when at 6:30 this morning my phone rang and it was her.

In a scared voice she told me she was having pain, regular pain, and had been having this regular pain since 2 AM.

She's on her way to the hospital and I'm about to leave, too. Yippee!


0 comments: