Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm only posting because my mommy told me to

That's right - I received an email from my mom (it was sent to my two sisters as well) chastising us for not updating our blogs enough. So here's to you, Mom!

It's another hodge podge... and without pictures, too, because I'm waiting on Aunt M to send me a bunch of pictures. I am a classic camera forgeter.

So Friday I woke up to take Goober to his very last day of preschool. We rushed out of the house and I dropped him off in his footed fleece pajamas (it was pajama day) in 93 degree weather. I did make sure to pack him a change of clothes in case he overheated and passed out at some point during the day.

When I got home after dropping him off I went potty. Aren't you glad I told you that? Then I flushed. Cause my mommy brought me up right.

But nothing happened.

Since I didn't want to wake The Man from his peaceful slumber, I lifted the toilet tank lid myself and was shocked to find there was no water in it. So I jiggled the handle a few times and still nothing happened.

Then I tried to wash my hands. And no water came out.

So I went outside to where our water pump is (we're on a well out here in the boonies, by the way) and I kicked the pump a few times. The pump didn't make a peep. So I called my sister.

Cause that's what everyone should do when they have no water, right?

I called my sister because my brother-in-law is a plumber. He plumbs.

And I love him.

I love him because he came out that afternoon and deciphered that the motor on our well pump had died. And then he and The Man drove way way far away to get the parts to fix our pump. And then they came back.

And then they realized they had the wrong parts.

And the well pump motor store was closed.

So the kids and I packed up to go to my mom and dad's house where the kids swam and I showered (because swimming is like a shower for kids, right?) and played a few games of pool and drank some beer and pretended all was fine at my house.

And then Saturday morning my brother-in-law came back over with the right parts for our pump and gave us water.

As The Man and my wonderful brother-in-law were fixing our pump, the kids and I were getting ready to go to a little local water park for a day of fun with Munchkin's Brownie troop. Right as we were walking out the door, The Man came in all grimy and dirty and threw on his bathing suit to come along with us. Because water parks are as good as showers, right?

We had a wonderful day of fun in the sun which equals sunburn even though we were all sprayed liberally with SPF 70 which evidently washed off immediately upon entering any sort of water. There was sliding, there was splashing, there was diving, and there was lounging. It was an all around day of wet fun.

Until the South Florida sky lit up with electricity and we all decided to get the heck out of there before we turned into electric eels.

Saturday night I got to spend an evening out with one of my best friends at a karaoke bar. And when we walked in to the bar I was unexpectedly greeted with my mother-in-law singing La Isla Bonita on the stage.

And I quickly ordered a beer or five.

And it was all good.


0 comments: