Friday, March 27, 2009

What's pink and white, six feet tall, and wants to eat your children?

Today is officially the first day of Spring Break here in Spazville. Somehow the school board has managed to squeak in not only the week of Spring Break but the Friday before and the Monday after.

Let the torture begin!

I awoke this morning to every single box of cereal in the house on the counter and open. Along with a container of oatmeal. There were two giant bowls full of oatmeal on the counter and four bowls of mushy milk in the family room. There was an entire matchbox car city set up (including train tracks) in the walkway leading from the kitchen to the bedrooms and all three kids were lazily draping themselves over the furniture watching the Disney Channel.

That's what I get for sleeping in, I guess.

Today we're going to take the boys for haircuts.

Photobucket

It may be a little overdue. That's one thing I love about Munchkin. Her hair can just grow and grow and you really can't tell the difference. Bug is starting to look looks like a little emo kid.

My hair cutting strategy with the boys is to tell the stylist to cut it as short as they can get away with so I don't have to repeat this process again in 2 weeks. The result is usually different each time so it's kind of a surprise. We'll see what we get today. :)

Aunt M has offered to let the kids spend the night with her 3 kids tonight and then she is going to take them all to visit the Easter Bunny tomorrow at the mall. I can't decide whether she brave or crazy. Probably crazy.

I'll be helping my mom and dad pack up their house for their impending move... which sounds like more fun than trying to take 6 kids to see the Easter Bunny. I don't know about you, but those mall Easter Bunnies have always seemed a bit scary to me. I'm not sure there could be a giant bunny that wouldn't frighten me a bit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is why I haven't ever taken my kids to see one. I'm waiting for tomorrow to hear what my kids reactions will be.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Hope the Easter Bunny visit goes well. When my daughter was about 15 months old my brother had to dress up as the Easter Bunny for a town function. When she saw the suit she started screaming and genius that my brother is he took his "head" off to show her. To this day she thinks that the Easter Bunny is just her uncle and has taught her little brothers that too. Great.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Those pictures crack me up! I was at the mall the other night and they were setting up for the Easter Bunny. I was wondering what exactly the kids are supposed to do when they go see him?? It's not like asking Santa for toys or telling him what's on your list. I agree . . . it's a little creepy! I was afraid when I was little on Easter Eve of a giant bunny coming into my house!

Ranting Parent said...[Reply to comment]

LUV the photos. And by the way -- I love your blog name. of course.

Michelle W said...[Reply to comment]

Geez, I dont where you live or where those pictures are from, but those are the scariest damn easter bunnies I have ever seen! Holy shit!

Great blog!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...[Reply to comment]

Who designs these Easter Bunny costumes? Holy crap! I have a pic of my oldest daughter sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap and screaming her head off. It makes me laugh. I'm sick like that.
Happy Spring Break!