Thursday, June 9, 2011

Slapstick Violence and 5 Asses... sounds like my kind of movie.

What better way to start off the summer than by sending your kids to see a movie where the main characters get into all sorts of hyjinks to make sure their own summer is fun and adventure filled?

I can't think of any better way, can you?






So when I was offered seats to see a screener of Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer last night I jumped all over it like a little kid in a clown shaped bounce house.

Except then I realized I couldn't go. Darn prior engagements!

So I asked Miss Michelle, one of my favorite girl scout moms, to take Munchkin and three other little darlings to see the movie. It's a good thing that Miss Michelle's own daughter loves the Judy Moody books because I think that's what really sealed the deal.

So yesterday evening I shoved some popcorn money into Munchkin's pocket, kissed her goodbye, and sent her on her way.

A little after 9 I went to retrieve her and took reviews from all the girls.

"It was awesome!"


"I LOVED IT!"


"It was awesomely cool!!"

Then they told me their favorite parts of the movie which are all clear spoilers so I'll just let you know that I hear someone gets sawed in half at some point.

And what's not to love about that?

Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer is rated PG for some slapstick violence, 3 hells, 5 asses, 6 craps, and 8 oh my gods. So keep that in mind if your kids have not branched beyond The Wiggles or The Wonderpets.*

Overall, even Miss Michelle said the movie was cute and it put four big giant smiles on four little girl faces. Therefore it gets the Domestic Spaz seal of approval.

* I freaking big puffy pink heart The Wonderpets, by the way, so this is in no way a sarcastic insult to them. What's Gonna Work? TEAMWORK! Ming Ming is the cutest thing put out by Nick Jr since they replaced Steve with Joe on Blue's Clues.


0 comments: