Thursday, February 26, 2009

Did you know that rats can't vomit?

They can't... and they can't burp, either. Weird, huh?

Kids can vomit, though....

Monday was my birthday and that's when I awoke to the first sick kid. Munchkin had a fever and generally just felt like crap so I let her stay home from school.

In doing so I gave up my birthday lunch, but such is life. She was such a good sick kid, too. She basically just curled up in blankets, watched TV, and slept.

That night I dragged her out for a birthday dinner with my family because I'm a bad mommy who cares more about celebrations than her child's welfare.... and her temperature was under 100 so I figured she'd live.

At dinner there was much fun and ruckus. My friend, Jenny, tagged along as she had just flown in from PA that afternoon. I think my family may have frightened her a bit... but I'm sure she'll get over it. I received gifts of 8 Tervis Tumblers and a Wii Fit from my wonderful family. Sweet! I've been playing with the Fit every morning and it continues to insult me for being a fat ass, but in a very cute way.

Tuesday morning I awoke to two sick kids. Munchkin was still running a fever and Goober was starting one up. I packed Bug up for school and drove him in, letting the other two sleep in. Unfortunately by 10:30 I received a call from the school nurse. Again.

So Tuesday and Wednesday was spent with me emptying bowls of vomit, taking temperatures, encouraging kids to sleep, settle down, watch Disney. Oh, it's been fun around here. Today Goober and Munchkin were well enough to head back to school but Bug's temperature has been all over the place and the poor kid just feels terrible.

And me? I'm just exhausted.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, the domino effect - that's the worst. As soon as one gets better, the next one falls. I firmly beleive that when your kids are sick, you are supposed to just take it easy with them, otherwise you end up totally burned out. Good luck.

Jason, as himself said...[Reply to comment]

Ew. I just hate bowls of vomit.

Sarah said...[Reply to comment]

Oh my...not the best way to spend your birthday! HOpe the entire house in on the mend!