Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm a little upset with Pharrell Williams for monopolizing Happiness in 2014

I read something this morning that got me thinking.

About being happy.

Stop singing. That song is overdone.

I don't consider myself to be an unhappy person, really. I mean, I have a pretty awesome life when I really think about it. I have The Man who loves me way more than I probably deserve him to love me. I have three healthy kids who make me laugh on a daily basis. I have a super strong family who would drop anything if I needed them. I have amazing friends that I love. I have enough food in my refrigerator, no holes in my roof, two cars that work, and my bills are paid.

Not to say my life doesn't have struggle, because it certainly does. But overall? Pretty damn awesome.

Still, I sometimes find myself dwelling on the negatives and it's just not a good way to live. I want to raise my little monsters to be optimists and go-getters. Even Bug, who tends to be mopey and negative (I should have named him Eeyore), could totally turn that frown upside-down and start looking at the silver linings instead of all the dark clouds. But not if his mom isn't setting that example, right?

So starts The Happiness Project.



(I like making cute graphics.)

I haven't got it all ironed out yet, but I've got my first step figured out. Based on the above mentioned article, I've decided to write down three good things that happened to me every day. But I'm not stopping it there. I'm making an art journal to feature at least one of those happy things. Because that's what I enjoy doing and I don't make time for it. I love being creative and junk but I always push it off to the side. I have to do this, I have to do that. No time for anything else.

So I'm going to make a little time at the end of every day to write down my three happy things and create something artsy that represents one of them. This is going to be so.much.freaking.fun.

I can't wait to debut my happy art.



0 comments: