Monday, November 3, 2008

Like, totally, that party was mad kickin' for sure!

This weekend was my brother in law's 30th birthday. To celebrate he threw an 80's birthday bash and we all dressed up in our finest retro garb.

I threw my own outfit together at the last minute, discovering that it's pretty easy to put together the 80's look with things I found in my own closet (with a little help from my sister and niece).

Photobucket
The Man wore an AC/DC 1982 reproduction tour tee shirt that I found at Walmart along with black jeans and the oh-so-retro checkerboard Vans.

Photobucket
Much beer was ingested, much pool was played (I would have won that second game if I hadn't scratched on the 8 ball), much Michael Jackson and Freestyle was heard, and all in all strangeness and wonder occurred. If that doesn't make a great birthday party, I don't know what does.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to The Man's only brother and welcome to your 30's. :)


3 comments:

Valarie Lea said...[Reply to comment]

That was totally awesome!!!

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

i shudder at the thought of any pics of me in the 80s....

looked like a fun party though!

A Spot of T said...[Reply to comment]

Cool costume. I'll have to show my youngest because she went as 'someone from the 80's' and her vision of the 80's is slightly warped. Let's just say she was a much more over the top version of your costume LOL