Friday, July 11, 2008

Sangria! Yum!

It's hot outside and that means it's time for Sangria!

I made it for the first time the other day and I have to say, it turned out rather delicious. I thought I'd post my recipe for you. :)

Photobucket

2 ripe peaches
3 fuji apples
10 ripe strawberries
1 750 ml bottle cabernet sauvignon (I used half of the 1.5 liter bottle shown)
3 ounces brandy
3 ounces orange flavored liqueur (Cointreau)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey

Cut up all of the fruit into thin slices. Place all the fruit in the bottom of a large pitcher. I use a pitcher that has a slotted opening so the fruit stays in the pitcher when I pour, but a lot of people like to eat the fruit along with the sangria. Pour the remaining ingredients on top and stir. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Still delicious the next day!


3 comments:

Big Hair Envy said...[Reply to comment]

Cabernet? I am SO in!

Heading to the liquor store now....

The Buntens said...[Reply to comment]

Now this is a recipe I can really get excited about! thank you for posting it. I LOVE sangria!

mah-meeee said...[Reply to comment]

sounds yummy!