Saturday, June 7, 2008

Meanest Mommy EVER

This morning I made pancake puffs with a recipe from Danette. The boys and I ate this up with some pure maple syrup and though they're not the standard white flour flapjacks we're accustomed to, I thought they were pretty tasty. Munchkin, however, did not think so.

Normally, I wouldn't force my kids to eat anything. This time things are different. See, Munchkin lied to me this morning.

The kids rose from their bed earlier than The Man and I did. I guess they were hungry so Munchkin, being a miniature version of me, decided she'd make the kids bowls of Frosted Flakes.

When I woke up not long afterward and started to make pancakes (a family favorite), Munchkin said that she had not eaten breakfast but that the boys had. Presumably so that she would get more pancakes, I'm not sure. However, her story changed when she was faced with the whole wheat pancake puffs that weren't to her liking. Now her story was that she had already eaten and was too full.

It's been about 3 hours now and she's still sitting in front of that plate of pancake puffs. They're getting soggier and yuckier by the minute but she's going to eat them. Lucky for me it's the first day of summer vacation and that child has nowhere to go for days. She will eat them. I don't care how long it takes.

On another note, it's Day 2 of the clutter challenge and today I pitched some old stained up clothes that keep finding their way back into the kids dressers. I must have washed them 15 times even though I'd never let the kids out of the house in them.

Be sure to check out SAHMmy's blog to join in the 365 day clutter challenge!


3 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...[Reply to comment]

Strong willed child, huh? My son is programmed the same way. How long did it take her to finish?

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

She finished about an hour and a half after I posted that - around 2:30 in the afternoon. Then she wanted lunch. *sigh*

SAHMmy Says said...[Reply to comment]

Ha! I'm a mean mommy too--but only on the outside...inside I'm totally grossed out by the idea of making them eat hours-old food. But I do it anyway :)
You definitely beat my record for holding out, though--the showdowns here happen at dinnertime, so bedtime usually comes before they "break."